Our Five Guiding Principles
We, the members of the Charlottesville Women’s Choir, are committed to:
- Participating in shared leadership and responsibility for the choir and regular attendance at the weekly practices in order to achieve the highest level of musicianship possible in our singing.
- Celebrating the camaraderie and fun of making music together.
- Maintaining a cultural and ethnic diversity in the music that we practice and perform.
- Singing and performing music in support of change towards justice, equality, hope, freedom, environment and peace.
- Running the choir with a “collective soul” where everyone has a voice in what we do and how we do it, and where we reach decisions by group consensus.
New Member Recruitment
New members are welcomed at the start of each singing season. Women who are interested in singing with us should plan to attend open rehearsals for three meetings in early fall (dates to be announced).
Reading music is not a requirement. There is an annual fee for each member; the amount depends on ability to pay.
Rehearsals: Every Monday, 6:45–8:30 p.m., from September through May at Sojourners United Church of Christ, 1017 Elliott Avenue, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Open Rehearsal Dates for 2016 will be announced soon.
Time: 6:30 – 8:30 p.m.
More information: Contact Diana at email@example.com