** see recent update to open rehearsals below **
Our Five Guiding Principles
We, the members of the Charlottesville Women’s Choir, are committed to:
- Participating in shared leadership and responsibility for the choir and regular attendance at the weekly practices in order to achieve the highest level of musicianship possible in our singing.
- Celebrating the camaraderie and fun of making music together.
- Maintaining a cultural and ethnic diversity in the music that we practice and perform.
- Singing and performing music in support of change towards justice, equality, hope, freedom, environment and peace.
- Running the choir with a “collective soul” where everyone has a voice in what we do and how we do it, and where we reach decisions by group consensus.
New Member Recruitment
New members are welcomed at the start of each singing season. Women who are interested in singing with us should plan to attend open rehearsals for three meetings in early fall (see below).
Reading music is not a requirement.
There is an annual fee for each member; the amount depends on ability to pay.
Rehearsals: Every Monday, 6:45–8:30 p.m., from September through May at Sojourners United Church of Christ, 1017 Elliott Avenue, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Open Rehearsal Dates for 2018 are September 24, October 8 and October 15 – there is no rehearsal on Oct. 1 as CWC returning members sing at the SHE Vigil that evening each year.
Potential new members should arrive at 6:30 – there will be an orientation for potential new members prior to rehearsal at 5:30 p.m. on 9/24/18
More information: Contact Diana at firstname.lastname@example.org